Businesses find their strength in innovation and individuality. Your brand, your profits and your reputation are critical to the success of your company. When a competitor threatens to dilute your power in the market, legal action may be necessary.
The lawyers at Jacobs & Dodds fully understand the stakes in these cases. With extensive business law experience, our legal team has developed a strong reputation for protecting business owners and their companies. We take threats to your business seriously.
Detecting And Evaluating Unfair Competition
Our business attorneys challenge cases of unfair competition, such as when:
- A former employee keeps and uses your client list after leaving your company
- A former employee starts a new business that provides similar products or services with predatory pricing tactics, violating a noncompete agreement
- An employee attempts to convince fellow coworkers to leave the company to do similar work for their new business
- A competitor adopts your distinctive business practices, advertising or product offerings
These situations present unique challenges to businesses and courts. We understand the nuances of unfair competition cases. Through a detailed examination of evidence, our lawyers can help you assess the strength of your claim and your legal options.
Find A Remedy To Prevent Further Damage
An unresolved case of unfair competition could result in:
- Profit losses and loss of clients
- Damage to your reputation
- Dilution of your intellectual property
If another party is participating in unfair business practices such as false advertising or trade secret misappropriation, it is time to act. We can promptly review the circumstances of your case and pursue an efficient solution.
We will work to immediately halt the offending actions through injunctive relief when appropriate. Through settlement negotiation or litigation, we will also seek to maximize your damages.
Faithful Representation For Your Business
You can expect trustworthy guidance and attentive service at Jacobs & Dodds. We support small to mid-size businesses across California. Schedule a consultation with our Orange County office at 949-645-7300 or send an email as soon as possible if you suspect unfair competition.